Pages 'n Stuff

Friday, January 6, 2012

Message for Everyone on KP - Update! Happy New Year!

Hey guys! How's everything going? Good, I hope so. Before I get into anything else, I just want to address an... issue that happened a couple days ago on Kidpub, if you were there, you know what happened. But, oh my god, no offense, but seriously guys, how much worse can this get? I think everyone is responsible for this but... you know, as soon as the event happened, I called Adrian, who lives in Florida now and gave her the information. She's been on KP for FIVE YEARS and she's never seen this happened.

Perry turned the site offline because of the arguing.

Really... but you've GOT to be KIDDING ME! For all of the valiant reasons of, oh, there's a virus on the sight or something like that, it was turned off because of the stupid arguing. I'm not going to get into detail or mention names because frankly, I don't remember at all. But anyways... here's my method on how to stop all of the clogging:

  1. Stop making such a huge deal about it.

No, you don't have to rant me out on the comments section because I honestly don't want to hear it. I know the concerns about it and everything but to be honest with you, this problem has not been a problem for just recently. It was a problem back in '08, believe it or not. The first person to ever bring it up was Alec. lol. Him and Adrian have some history. If anyone remembers what the "Good Evening, Kidpub" installments were, you are pretty old. Or... let me rephrase that, if you read the "Good Evening, Kidpub" the same year it was posted... four/five years ago. I was the first person to comment. ;)

2. Make a conscience effort to STOP the clogging

Seriously, I could spent an entire four thousand words on ranting on how much I don't like to see what happened to you today and stupid little posts that should have gone to the forums. Author's Notes is... offline and it has been that way for a long time, so I guess that's a contributing factor to all of this clogging issue all of a sudden. But I mean, everyone before you post something, think twice... would anyone really care? If someone saw this, would they think this is clogging? Would you consider this clogging if you saw this post?

Those are my only two... pointers. C'mon guys, it's not that difficult, really. But I have theory...

Everyone on KP is aware of the two major problems that seem to ail us all and bring us to nearly breaking down inside are the clogging issue and the comment-drought. I will admit, that I haven't been getting so many comments only because my writing is kind of complicated and long so I don't expect it. But if you're Ninja Cat and happen to be reading this, I love you so much. You make me feel so happy. ;) Anyways... I believe those two problems go hand in hand.

Think about it.

The clogging issue is pushing all of the stories some of us -- including me -- spend hours writing and we have pretty decent work up on the site and the cloggers tend to push all of those hard-worked-on stories off the front page and EVERYONE knows that once its off of the front page the chances of you getting comments just dropped from 100% to about 15%. So... I guess you could say its a contributing factor. So, hey, do what I said and we'll be good. And hopefully it'll solve the problem -- momentarily.

Anyways, enough of that. I'm sorry guys, but KP isn't the same anymore and it's kinda pissing me off. It's been a thought of mine to somehow convince Perry for me to become an admin somehow of KP. Because, I do love KP a lot and I've spent a lot of time on there. And I'd hate to see it tears itself apart. It's on my to-do list. Who knows, probably will never happen but who cares? lol.

Well, HAPPY NEW YEAR! *blows party-blower* Anyone have a good New Year's Resolution? Mine? Finish Xenophobia. It's gone through so much trauma that I'm about to tear that damn thing apart. I need to finish it... because I'm REALLY serious about publishing and I've all ready said through my vlog posts that I am.

As for the schedule, I'm not so sure about how this is suppose to work. My computer class got changed so now I'm in a class called PIT and I'm not so sure how that's gonna work... so, who knows. I guess I could move my blogging to the weekends. Who knows, we'll see how it goes.

An update on me? I've been better. I'm not sure exactly what's up with me... on January third I got my blood drawn so I could get checked for thyroid problems like my sister had. But apparently, I'm clean. So, whew, that's a relief. Though, I do still have Carpal Tunnel and have to wear two wrist braces at night to keep my wrists straight. But what's funny is that I've been having stomach problems lately... like on Monday night, my stomach was acting up, feeling all weird and then Tuesday morning I go downstairs, make myself some toast and take one bite of it and instantly feel sick. So, I wash that bite down with some coffee and then I go for another bite and I nearly had to spit that back out. My stomach was ROLLING. I have no idea what was up. Wednesday wasn't any better. I didn't eat anything for breakfast and nothing for lunch so the entire day I was running off of water because my stomach wouldn't let me eat anything! My friend was like, "You're going to pass out at this rate. You need to eat something." Of course, me: "I know... but I can't force anything down." Ugh, now as I'm typing this, my stomach is rolling and I don't know WHY!! It's making me kinda mad. Thursday was awful because I was shaking really bad and I felt like I just wanted to lay in the middle of the hallway and die. lol. And then today, I was all right. Sorta... not 100% better.

Ooh... ha... ha, that reminds me. :) Okay, you know how that guy, yeah that mystery guy that I've been texting, to those who actually WATCHED MY VLOG. *ahem* Well, hey, guess what. He asked me to go to the Military Ball with him. :D Of course I said yes! :) I'll try to get picture whenever I can, that is if we take any.

I won't take up too much of ya'll's time. So... chill out/peace out guys! :D

Talley-ho,
Chels

4 comments:

  1. I wacthed the vlog. :P

    Hey, that's awesome! Do you have to dress up like your in the military? o_O

    About the clogging issue and comment drought:

    I used to read pretty much every post that Alexa posted, because almost everything was clogging. I was nice at first. Then not so much. I composed a list on my blog of all the things she needed to delete. I don't think she's ever going to see it, but I'm glad it's there. It's proof. I ignore her now, sh has enough people on her back and I don't think she'll ever learn - but it's really not worth my time and effort.

    Commenting? Every once in a while (like once every two weeks maybe) I try to comment on everything that's NOT a true story on the NSP that has 0 comments. I think KP is doing better- because a lot of the stories have comments now, I've been noticing. So, YAY!

    Uh... yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...what? The site was shut off?
    D: I didn't see it. Were the posts deleted?
    Well, whatever.
    I agree that KP might be having...issues right now. But I really hate it when people say stuff like "KP has changed" or "KP used to be so much better". Because, I personally think that when people say stuff like that it begins to make it true. AND I DON'T THINK IT'S TRUE. Well, of course KP is going to change, but it doesn't have to be bad change. So, I totally agree with you on the "don't make a huge deal" part. My philosophy all the way. :)
    :D :D :D :D
    I just had a feeling he was going to ask you out! :3 Lol, I feel like such a dork saying that, but I bet you two will make a cute couple.
    ~Ninja Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ames,

    Well, we just have to wear a nice dress basically. Nothing really special. I'm going to wear a cute blue dress and some silver heels. :3 I'll make sure to get pictures!

    I think I posted a comment on some argument or something about that everyone goes through their "clogging stage" - so to speak. I mean, like, I use to do it. I went back to look at some of my first posts on KP, which was a good four years ago and I saw that I clogged. I think it just goes away with... age. Possibly.

    And I agree with you on the commenting thing. It is getting better.

    ~Chels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ninja,

    Yeah, it was shut off for a good thirty minutes! Crazy right? And yes, the posts that were sparking argument were deleted.

    KP HAS changed and there's no denying that. But I mean, it's just different. It's not better or worse. It's just different and change is okay. Of course, as the site ages, it's going to change. It's just how things work.

    Yes, we do make a cute couple. :3 He usually walks me to my classes sometimes and we hug a lot because I like hugs. :3 One time, I was going into my PIT (computer class) and he hugs me at the door and I walk inside and go to my computer. I hear someone say my name so I look up and one of my friends is in the door and she has this face: :D on and she's like spazzing out and saying, "You're so cute!" lol. Good times. ;)

    ~Chels

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Tell me what YOU think! :D I love writer-reader interaction!