Pages 'n Stuff

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Superstitions Force You To Live Life Strangely And They Still Scare You - Part 2

All right, I am back and now here are ten more superstitions and at the end there will be another installment on how to live your life “bad-luck free”! Also, there is probably going to be some more parts… because apparently there are way more than twenty from my source. Let’s begin!

11. You can break a bad luck spell by turning seven times in a clockwise circle

Okay, first of all, seven times is a lot and why a clock? Not one a toaster or something? What’s so special about a clock?! And have you always noticed it’s always SEVEN times. Oh, no, it’s not eight or six. It’s gotta be SEVEN. Seven is a lucky number, but why is it? It’s funny, I thought three was a lucky number but apparently the archetype for that number is… a symbol for bad luck.

12. Garlic protects from evil spirits and vampires

See, now, I’ve heard that works for vampires. But evil spirits? Hmm… I guess you could say a vampire is an evil spirit. I hear it also works for Chelseas as well. Gosh, they hate the smell of garlic and the taste as well. They want nothing to do with garlic. But, here’s my only question, why is garlic? Can’t it be like onions? Or broccoli? Yeah, because that makes sense. A vampire is walking into Wal-Mart and you sense their presence and you grab the nearest, convenient broccoli and chuck it at them. I think it’d just annoy them more than anything. That is… if vampires were in fact real.

13. Our fate is written in the stars.

Is this referring to the zodiac? Like when Jupiter and Saturn is lined with Mars then good luck shall bestow to thee? Or is it implying the fact that our next discoveries will be hidden in the stars? That space is the final frontier? Or are we talking about the friggin’ big dipper? This is cryptic and makes no sense…

14. At the end of the rainbow is a pot of gold.

Lucky charms?! Oh wait, man! Got me there for a second. A rainbow isn’t even a physical object. It’s just light being refracted on the moisture in the air and projecting all of the colors in the spectrum. You can’t get to a rainbow for the simple fact that it’s in the sky and we’re talking high in the sky. So, besides, which is the right end? What if you get to one end and it’s not the right end? Then, you’re screwed. Lol.

15. Clothes worn inside out will bring good luck.

So… you’re saying that if I wake up at six o’clock in the morning, hazily dress myself and I just happen to bring my clothes on backwards… then I’ll have good luck. I’m kind of tempted to do that now. But that makes no sense! D: Whatever. -_-

16. Wearing your birthstone brings good luck.

Here’s the about my birthstone. It changes! At one point in time it was turquoise and then it’s like blue zircon or something. And… well, let’s google it. Ooh, no, it’s blue topaz. What a big difference… -_- Okay, so December has two birthstones: blue topaz and turquoise. So, if I wear it, it’ll bring me good luck. First of all, I don’t typically wear jewelry. I don’t like rings or bracelets. I like necklaces but I usually have my dog tags and string whatever I want to on there because I normally wear those everywhere. I don’t have my ears pierced. Oh whatever, it’s too much of a hassle.

17. If you blow out all of the candles on your birthday cake with the first breath you will get whatever you wish for

Well, me and my best friend shared a cookie cake last year for our birthday. It was pretty epic. There was two candles and they were easy to blow out and to be honest with you. I don’t remember what I wished for. Sad, right? And blowing out all of your candles in one breath is nothing for a trumpeter like me! :D Yes, I can blow a continuous stream of air for about a minute. :D

18. To have a wish come true using a wishbone, two people make a wish, then take hold of each end of the bone and pull it until it separates. The person with the longer end gets his or her wish.

Every single Thanksgiving me and my older sister have this competition when we’ve devoured the turkey and we find the wishbone. I think my sister got it last year but this year, I’m determined! I don’t think it’s so much as true as it is fun to do. Just a little something to pizzazz up your day!

19. An itchy palm means money is heading your way.

I absolutely hate it when your palm itches because it’s impossible to really itch it in the first place. Because, think about it, your palm is palm and the more you stretch it the flatter it gets. It’s like trying to pick up a penny off the floor without any nails. (Yes, I know what that feels like…) It’s nearly impossible so you just have to sit there in discomfort while your palm itches! Lol. But why money? Why not sickness? Or love? Or hate? My palm itched the other day. Where’s my lottery ticket?

20. A beginner will always have good luck: beginner’s luck.

See, now, I honestly believe this. Want to know why? Because I have a prime example. I went into a writing competition – recently, I’ll post about that some time – and I won first place and it was my very first time and my competition was pretty intense. I was really, really trying and it ended up working. But a more experienced member knows what to expect but will know when to take a risk or not. They’re more comfortable and know exactly what the judges will want or whatever will want. But of course, there’s the counter argument that beginners never do very well because their inexperienced. But of course, you have to take into consideration what you’re beginning at. Like sports – that’s understandable. But of course, there are ALWAYS those people who just have it naturally and make those who try so hard very, very jealous.

How to Live Your Life “Bad-Luck Free” – Installment II

If you somehow have bad luck, waste your time and turn the clock forward seven days.

Own garlic and wear it daily and ward off possible dates and evil spirits, such as the bank agency.

Try to understand the language of the stars – count them, that’s a start.

Attempt to chase down every single rainbow you see. Have fun.

Wear very article of clothing inside out, undergarments and all.

Wear your birthstone on your rings, your bracelets, necklaces and earrings twenty-four-seven.

Nearly asphyxiate on your one-hundredth birthday.

Every time you eat a whole bird, hunt for the wishbone.

Expect money every single time your palm itches.

Be a beginner at everything, therefore, you win at everything. Like weddings.

There is going to be a Part 3 guys, I didn’t realize how many there were on the website… Oh well, also, check out the poll! I’m scheming to take ya’ll on a field trip! Tell me what ya’ll think!

Talley-ho,
Chels

5 comments:

  1. Lol. XD I really enjoyed this!! (It's Rockshadow by the way) I'm not supterstitious at all...I just like laughing at people who think they are. :P Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rockshadow,

    Thank you! :D Same here, I love to laugh at people who are so strict to these rules. It's like... >.> Why do you even try? lol.

    ~Chels

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family and I aren't actually superstitious, we just like following through with them for fun. For instance, if anyone ever picks up a coin that's tails up my mom always goes on about how they'll have bad luck. It's not that we actually believe it, we just have fun doing them. :)
    ~Ninja Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ninja,

    Yeah, there's nothing harmful about that. Some of them are fun to participate in, other not so much... because some of them are just like, >:O lol.

    ~Chels

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really funny! My friend is superstitious and she freaks out whenever she sees a black cat. I just play along because its fun. I love your blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Tell me what YOU think! :D I love writer-reader interaction!