Pages 'n Stuff

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Superstitions Are Over-All Perposterous! Who Creates These Anyway?! - Part 3

All right, let’s do this, Part 3 away and more tips on how to live your life “bad-luck free”!

21. A cat has nine lives.

Although how much I’ve been proving these superstitions to over-all pretty stupid and pathetic, secretly, I hope this one is true. I love cats and it’s on my bucket list to own a Persian cat. :3 I have one cat and yes, she’s about twelve years old.

22. Eating fish makes you smart.

Now, I’m a person that does adore seafood… a lot. Especially sushi and sashimi because I really love the Japanese culture and I would absolutely love to be an exchange student there. Hmm, that would be fun to blog about! :D Anyways, eating fish makes you smart, eh? Well, that sounds relatively promising considering the fact that I love fish. But I don’t think it’s like a set-in-stone type of thing. If you don’t like fish, don’t be offended, it’s nothing to worry about.

23. Toads cause warts.

I highly doubt this one. Why in the world would a toad give you warts? Well, maybe its because of the slimy residue on their skin or something but… hmm, let me do some research real quick. Okay, according to this health website: “The toad we're most familiar with in Australia is the cane toad. Handle it roughly, and it's likely to react by excreting a bufo toxin — ingest this toxin and you'll set off a chain reaction which could include intense pain, seizures, cardiac collapse, even death. But there's one thing these fellas won't give you, and that's warts.” *shudders* That’s pretty bad, mate.

24. A cricket in your house can bring you good luck.

Anyone seen Mulan? The cricket will bring you good luck? Well, if you think about it, it really did bring Mulan good luck. Hmm… that’s interesting but that’s Chinese culture not my lovely American/Texan culture. Crickets are just really annoying because they’re so small, which makes it nearly impossible for you to find them so you’re searching around your house for this little critter when it’s in the most point-blank location. -_- So, now I don’t see how that would bring me good luck.

25. Crossing your fingers helps to avoid bad luck and helps a wish come true.

See, I don’t think this is so much as true, more of like an assurance. Though, I could have sworn someone said that crossing your fingers is bad luck… I can’t remember who said that but for the longest time I refused to cross my fingers because of that. Yeah, that’s my verdict: not true, more of like an assurance if anything at all.

26. It’s bad luck to sing at a table.

Aw, really? Oops. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve sang at the dinner table because, hm, I just wanted to. Does it mean that I’m trying to perform voodoo or something? Or does it mean that singing a particular type of music will doom you forever? No and no, most likely. But, wait, hehe, I listen to screamo and sometimes – okay, for the record, I actually can’t scream just because I don’t want to damage my vocal cords because you can – I sing my screamo music and so, is it really singing? Or it screaming? I think I’m safe. What? Am I going to turn back the clock seven times?! No!

27. It’s bad luck to sleep at a table.

What’s up with la mesa? Can’t do this and that at the table? Is there like a symbol behind this table? There must be… Okay, what idiot really sleeps at a table. Yes, I can understand being tired but how the hell do you fall sleep on a flat surface? I know my Sims, on occasion after returning from work, will be so dead tired that will fall asleep in their dinner but I’ve never done it in real life. I guess it’s possible to do that because somehow my boyfriend and his friends fall asleep while running, which, now that I think , kinda makes sense but then again doesn’t.

28. After receiving a container of food, the container should never be returned empty.

What? What does this even mean? These are getting pathetic here, guys. How would some guy figure this out? Really… Does this mean that when I get a container of soup from my Grandma that I should eat every single drop of it and if I don’t its like saying that I didn’t enjoy it? Hmm, that’s probably what it means. Oh well, I did enjoy the soup, Grandma!

29. A lock of hair from a baby's first haircut should be kept for good luck.

I guess if you keep a scrap book or something this would be something to keep in there. I had enough hair when I was born to all ready have a lock of hair! I’m Italian, guys. Wait, is this implying that if we didn’t keep our lock of hair from our first haircut that we’ll live the rest of our life with bad luck? Gee, I hope not, my life’s been pretty good recently.

30. A bird that comes in your window brings bad luck.

Bad luck? Bad luck to who? Me or the bird? I honestly think that the bad luck goes to the bird to be honest. Birds aren’t the smartest creatures so when they get themselves into houses they can’t get themselves out. Speaking of which, somehow a bird got into our school’s foyer and every morning, I hear it tweeting and it’s going to end up dying of starvation or something. Wait, I just had a thought. What if… the bird somehow stays alive by feasting off of bugs or scraps of food it finds around the school and nests… and then it has babies and then our school gets infested with birds. As long as school is cancelled, I have no problem with it.

Now, its time for another edition of: How To Live Your Life “Bad Luck” Free! Installment Three.

Assume your cat has nine lives but please, just assume, do not test the theory.

Eat fish before important tests or all the time in hopes of becoming more smarter.

Don’t touch toads, or you’ll die.

Infest your house with crickets.

Cross your fingers, 24/7.

Never ever sing at dinner and resist the urge to join in “Happy Birthday” on a relative or loved ones birthday.

Don’t fall asleep at the table, you’ll get bad luck and not to mention a real bad crick in your neck.

Eat all of the food from cans and containers you receive as gifts – yes, eat your aunt’s wonderful meatloaf, all of it.

Desperately search for your very first lock of hair that you lost 10+ years ago.

Close your windows to save the bird’s luck and your luck.

That about wraps it up for part 3. Gosh, dang, there are tons of these superstitions! I honestly thought there was only twenty. That’s what I typed into the search bar on google. I didn’t want this but I have to go through them all.

Stay tuned!

Talley-ho,

Chels

1 comment:

  1. One time I found a dead bird like in the little ledge of my window. o_O It was the scariest thing in the world. I don't even comprehend how it happened, because it was INSIDE the house, ad that window doesn't open, soo...? e.e

    Ever since, I've considered all birds bad omens.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Tell me what YOU think! :D I love writer-reader interaction!