Pages 'n Stuff

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

End of the World Revised - My Plans For the Apocalypse

Hey guys. How goes it?

Okay, once again... I am not prepared for a blog post so I had to scramble for something to write about. So, as I was looking through my past posts, I saw that I blogged about the end of the world. Let's revise that, being that it's a new year.

The world is suppose to end on December 21, 2012 - so the Mayan Calendar says - that meaning I won't be able to legally get my liscene if the world does miraculously end. But let's examine not the fact that is suppose to end but... the fact of why people are obsessing about it.

Now, this isn't some simple answer. A simple question requires a complex answer. My answer may not be... correct or may not even be an legimiate answer but it's my explanation of why people go to such extremes as in actually building bunkers and stockpiling food...

You know, as I sit here in a darkened computer classroom, I'm starting to realize that this question desires... something more. It's going to be open-ended because the way people act can be interperted so many different ways it's immense.

Maybe it's because people want something new in their life, something to make life interesting. Or maybe it's because they have a mental issue. Or maybe they really believe there have been signs of the end of the world. But... why go through all that trouble of anticipating the end of the world when life is still continuing?

But at this point, I'm so bewildered to the point of frustration. This may turn into a rant so fair warning. Why in the world would you want to think that the world is ending? What's the significance of that? I'm sitting here, shaking my head, thinking that they are idiots. My overall opinion is that people want to scare other people. Maybe it's because the government wants our full cooperation and they're telling us the world will end so they can scare us into believing in them more? Maybe it's the Mayans being trolls and wanting to trick us all into the thinking the world will end?

Or maybe... the Mayans didn't think that the human race would collapse before that time? Let's focus on this theory for a second. If I could become a anthropologist or a pyschologist, I definitely would if I weren't so in love with writing. I find the human race to be very, very meager and insignificant. We think way to highly of ourselves and we definitely take ourselves too seriously. Maybe I will dedicate a post about a lesson of anthrology with Chelsea.

Mayans thought that we were way too destructive and aggressive towards one another because, take heed, the Mayans were one of the great empires that saw its end faster than any present-day empire. Maybe they didn't think we could be stand to live with each other this long. Also, another post I will have will be analyzing fictional alien races - that's also exciting .

Maybe the Mayans were much smarter than we originally thought. Humans are smart and a certain intelligence can be unlocked but present-day Earth is very single-minded and limited because of, let's just blame technology. The rise of technology has screwed us all just as much as its helped us.

But also, maybe they just have to reset the clock? Maybe the clock won't end but it will need to be reset in order for a new time period to start?

Now, what are my plans of the apocalypse...? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Because it's not going to happen. I'm just gonna sit in my house, eating popcorn, watching the world run screaming... assuming that's what will happen.

But seriously, what do people think? The world will end in volcanos? Or the world will end in meteors? Or earthquakes? Or zombies? Notice how all of the theories, or at least a majority of them will end by the forces of nature. Look, Earth doesn't hate us that much. Sure, it may be a bit ticked off that we're ruining its atmosphere along with stepping and building all over it. And also notice how the theories include endings that aren't controlled by us... Is this because we don't want to admit that our own race's collapse may be from our own hands? I'm just saying.

There's a bit of information to chew on. What are ya'll's opinion on the end of the world? Do you think it willl end? And if so, please supply me with believable reasons. Are you for certain it won't? What do you guys think? Please comment. Also the check marks boxes things... I need to find a name for those. There's a new poll so check that out as well.

Overall guys, peace out.

Talley-ho,
Chels

2 comments:

  1. Mark 13:32 - But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day...

    1 Thessalonians 4:17 - Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Tell me what YOU think! :D I love writer-reader interaction!