Pages 'n Stuff

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Update on My Opinion on Relationships

Hey guys! Holy moley, it's been a really long time since I've written anything. And I mean that in the sense of... not just my blog but for my entire life. I haven't written anything decent since December 2011. Yeah, fun, I've felt less and less like a writer but I gotta keep that fire inside me alive somehow so I'm deciding to get back into blogging. I've been extremely busy and have had some problems that have kept me from doing a lot of stuff and this year has been very interesting... But it's almost over so I can take a deep breath after testing is over!

Today I will be talking about my updated opinion on dating/relationships as in with the opposite gender. And when I say updated, I mean that I've talked about this before here. But now I have a bit more to add about that entire subject.

I am a veteran, you could say, with relationships. Sorta? I've been in one, experienced "first love" and had my first kiss and everything, so I can say I've been there and done that. And I've also experienced the first break-up. That was a lovely feeling. Trust me, it sucked.

Blatantly, I will put this out there: don't start dating at the first infatuation or the first crush because more than likely, it will not last. I know most ya'll aren't in high school - of course, there are a few that are. But as teenager, we do not understand love. Love - as cliche as it sounds - is extremely powerful and teenagers do not understand the concept to its full definition. You may tell someone you love them and you'd do anything for them but true love isn't like that. If you want my opinion, you need to have a lasting friendship before you jump into a relationship. I'm not going to be making any personal references for myself because I promised myself as of three days ago that I wouldn't speak or think about the subject.

A few tips:

Don't open up your heart too fast.
Let things unfold, don't force them open. Take your time.
Keep good communication rules because relationships are always ruined - most of the time - by communication issues.
Wait until you are around sixteen, seventeen, eighteen to start dating.

I want to have a talk about Middle/Elementary school dating. It doesn't count... really, it doesn't. It may seem like true love but it's not. You guys don't really understand what dating is. Dating is basically saying you want a deeper relationship with the opposite sex and holding hands and doing everything with them is typically just for show. Dating is very complicated - trust me.

Here are some tips for people who are heart-broken

Know that it is normal to feel that way. It's not fair to have your heart played with and then watch as someone steps all over it before leaving it behind for the buzzards. I know that personally. Getting over a break-up can take a long while. Feelings and emotions and memories are the hardest things to correct. I envy those people who can get back up from a break-up like it's nothing. I wasn't able to do that.

Getting over a break-up, I'd say on average can take up to six months and maybe to eight but after a year, I think that's just getting a bit too obsessive and creepy at our age so at that point, I would really hope you consider and I suggest that you just get over it. But it's okay to grieve and sometimes you can't help but let it dominate your life. It's normal for it to do that but you can't let it do that forever. My break-up took five months to recover from - an eternity to seems. March 2012 has by-far been the worst month of my life for different reasons.

And if you're a twelve year old with a broken heart, what? Did Barney get cancelled? I hate to be bitter but twelve year olds shouldn't be dating and having broken hearts. We have been or all will be twelve at some point in our lives but to those who insist on dating at a young age - you should really consider trying something else because you need to live and experience a bit more before you jump into those lovely realms.

All righty, since I'm back in business, or I hope so, I want you guys to give me some ideas because I do have a few but I want to know what YOU guys want me to talk about. I'll be talking about the Revolution of Spongebob and that's all I got so far.

Follow me on Twitter @pinkteamslocker
Follow me on Instagram @glitzyoptics

Talley-ho!
Chels

7 comments:

  1. So true. Under-18/17 dating is ridiculous! Honestly, it's not like they're getting married any time soon. Dating is really for mature adults. Great point on good communication!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I totally agree. Great job on this blog entry! Hmmm as for suggestions...how about talk about politics, politicians, etc. YOUR views on them. I don't know, it's kinda been my obsession lately, lol.

      Delete
  2. As a fourteen year old who has hardly even had a crush on anyone, let alone a boyfriend, I completely agree! Boys make way better guy friends than boyfriends :)
    I love your blog by the way!
    -Soquel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous 1: Completely, 100% agree.

    NightOwl: Your wish is my command. Politics, yeah, I'll have to do some research on that because I am completely out of that universe. lol. But I shall try my best. :)

    Anonymous 2: Me too! I've noticed that I've never really crushed on guys until recently because I never saw them as more than friends. And thank you :) Stay tuned!

    ~chels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I have tons of guy friends, but they're all like my brothers, and that's honestly how I think it's supposed to be until you get to that 20-something age when you're ready (maturely) to think about potentially getting married in the future. Sure I might have a crush on one or two of them, but a small soft spot for them that you only share with your trustiest of BFs isn't all that bad. Almost everybody has at least had one crush (and if you haven't, that's fine) but elementary/middle school/even freshman dating is a bit ridiculous.

      Delete
  4. Totally agree! I'm thirteen, and why would I want to date the 99% of the seventh grade boys in my grade that are immature and disrespectful?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true. I think I'd prefer a guy friend more than a boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Tell me what YOU think! :D I love writer-reader interaction!